86) Megachile centuncularis by Jedd Griffin - companion to 86bee - Patchwork Leafcutter Bee
After researching Megachile Centuncularis, the Patchwork Leafcutter Bee, I wanted to capture my image using the flora and fauna specific to this bee. So, I sourced bellflowers which the bees had interacted with, as seen from the misshaped leaves throughout the image. I did this to capture the serenity of the bees in their natural environment. I then introduced a neonicotinoid pesticide as a contrast to show the destruction of this peaceful encounter and the chaos that the pesticide causes to many bees’ habitats. This regularly sprayed wildflower is an invaluable part of the bee’s habitat and must be protected.
1) IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS PIECE, please ‘follow’ my page as it will give the artist 10% more of the fee
2) There may be addition charges for postage
3) 15% from the sale of this artwork goes to fund the continuing work of the Richard Jefferies Museum..
4) This will be ready for posting out at the end of June 2018.