90) Blue Grassland by Liz Biesty - companion to 90bee - Nomada argentata, the Silver-sided Nomad Bee
As a printmaker and gardener living in Somerton I wanted to illustrate the habitat for the Silver-sided Nomad Bee which forages on blue scabious flowers in the Dorset grasslands nearby. I love colour and pattern and using this most beautiful wild flower as a starting point I explored a variety of blue hues by hand colouring and mono printing onto Japanese papers. From this I carefully selected and placed torn papers to form a collage which was then enhanced by tiny decorative pieces of Japanese Chigoyami paper and finally the deep etched line of dry point depicting a Blue Grassland.
Collage with dry point
1) IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS PIECE, please ‘follow’ my page as it will give the artist 10% more of the fee
2) There may be addition charges for postage
3) 15% from the sale of this artwork goes to fund the continuing work of the Richard Jefferies Museum..
4) This will be ready for posting out at the end of June 2018.