94) Waiting by Louise Thompson - companion to 94bee Nomada fucata, the Painted Nomad Bee
Researching the Painted Nomad Bee was fascinating; it waits for another type of bee to leave its underground nest and then takes over laying its eggs in there.
In the print I wanted to create the texture of the chalky soil of its habitat and also show some the flowers that it visits for pollen, Buttercup and common dogwood. The Bee is watching and waiting for its chance to enter the burrow.
Companion to Lydia’s 94bee - seen in the last picture.
1) IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS PIECE, please ‘follow’ my page as it will give the artist 10% more of the fee
2) There may be addition charges for postage
3) 15% from the sale of this artwork goes to fund the continuing work of the Richard Jefferies Museum..
4) This will be ready for posting out at the end of June 2018.