99) Boundaries by Sarah Minela Ward - the companion to the Dull-headed Blood Bee
Before my involvement in this exhibition, I had never realised there were so many different species of bee in the UK. I created this piece in response to research about this particular bee’s ideal environment. A mosaic of sub habitats such as short turf, bare ground and long grass are what this bee needs to thrive. This piece represents an aerial view of the patchwork of farmland, scrub, grassland and hedgerows covering the British Isles. It is vitally important to maintain diversity of habitats for all pollinators.
Watercolour, Ink and Gouache on Two Rivers Handmade 300lb paper, made in Somerset.
1) IF YOU ARE PURCHASING THIS PIECE, please ‘follow’ my page as it will give the artist 10% more of the fee
2) there may be addition charges for postage
3) 15% from the sale of this artwork goes to fund the continuing work of the Richard Jefferies Museum..
4) This will be ready for posting out at the end of June 2018.